How M1 used Contentsquare to drive 143% monthly conversion
Increase conversion: how to effectively improve your conversions? Ask M1!
Why increase conversion?
It is crucial for business success to increase conversion. Conversions, such as sales, sign-ups, or inquiries, directly impact a website’s bottom line. By optimizing the conversion rate, businesses can maximize the return on their marketing efforts, improve customer engagement, and enhance user experience. A higher conversion rate indicates better user satisfaction and increased trust in the brand. Moreover, it allows businesses to identify and rectify potential pain points, leading to continuous improvement and growth. Ultimately, focusing on increasing conversions empowers websites to achieve their objectives and thrive in a competitive digital landscape.
How to increase conversion? Our checklist
- Clear Call-to-Action (CTA): Make your CTAs prominent, concise, and action-oriented, guiding visitors to take the desired action.
- Streamlined Design: Simplify your website’s layout and navigation to ensure a seamless user experience that directs visitors toward conversion points.
- A/B Testing: Regularly conduct A/B tests to compare different versions of your web pages and identify which elements drive higher conversions.
- Optimize Loading Speed: Ensure fast loading times as slow websites lead to increased bounce rates and decreased conversions.
- Mobile Responsiveness: Design your website to be mobile-friendly, catering to the growing number of users accessing sites on smartphones and tablets.
- High-Quality Content: Provide valuable and engaging content that addresses visitors’ needs and establishes your credibility.
- Social proof: Display social proof such as customer reviews, security badges, and testimonials to boost confidence in your products or services.
- Exit-Intent Pop-ups: Use exit-intent pop-ups to offer special deals or incentives just before a visitor leaves, encouraging them to stay and convert.
- Clear Pricing and Offers: Avoid hidden costs and communicate your pricing and offers clearly to eliminate doubts and encourage conversions.
- Simplified Forms: Minimize the number of form fields and make the process easy and intuitive for users, reducing barriers to conversion.
Interview with M1 on how they increase conversion on one of their product pages by 143% monthly.
M1 is one of Singapore’s leading telecommunications company, servicing over 1.9 millions Singaporeans. They offer an extensive array of products and services, all hosted on their content-rich website with thousands of user journeys and paths to conversion.
The man behind running its online/offline paid media, analyzing and optimizing the buying journey is Andy Ang, M1’s Performance and Digital Marketing Lead. We sat down with him to find out how the team achieved a 143% uplift in conversion on one of their products and what he really thinks of Contentsquare.
Please introduce yourself
My name is Andy, and I’ve been a digital marketer for a decade. I currently work for one of Singapore’s main telecommunications companies, leading the performance and digital marketing functions.
What are some of your key digital challenges and priorities?
One of our key challenges is attribution. It’s important for us to understand how our digital campaigns are performing and get insights into what and how channels are driving conversions. Another key area of focus is understanding our customers’ buying journey – knowing where customers are converting, understanding their reasons for dropping off and overall customer concerns. This helps the business to continuously deliver personalised experiences for our customers.
How long have you been using Contentsquare?
I’ve been using the platform for over a year, and it’s been a real game-changer in effectively getting insights at a faster pace.
What stood out to you about Contentsquare?
The UI is enjoyable – specifically, with tools like Zoning Analysis is so visual it makes it incredibly easy (and quick) to understand key metrics like engagement and conversion across the entire site. At a glance, I know what is performing well and what isn’t, and this makes the process of content optimization very efficient.
I absolutely love Workspaces, too. The way the data is laid out makes stakeholder reporting a breeze.
What are your other favourite features?
Funnel is great for understanding user journeys at a macro level; Session Replay helps to validate hypotheses because the team is able to see exactly how users are behaving on our site, and Journey Analysis is great for general visualisation of a user’s journey. visualizing user journeys generally.
Which teams at M1 use Contensquare?
Contentsquare has supported teams involved in the use of our website.
The platform really helps to democratize the data and enables team members to work more efficiently.
Can you share an instance Contentsquare helped identify an issue?
Using Zoning Analysis, we noticed a high tap recurrence on one of our product landing pages, specifically on a non-clickable “Sign up” image. We implemented a click-through on that image that would direct users to the signup form, and saw not only the tap recurrence drop but also a 143% monthly increase in conversions in successful signups.
If you were to recommend Contensquare to a friend, what would you say?
Easy – just get it!