Signataire de l’engagement The Climate Pledge, Contentsquare s’engage à atteindre la neutralité carbone d’ici 2040
Paris, March 16, 2023 – Contentsquare has announced that it has signed The Climate Pledge . The world leader in Digital Experience Analytics is thus committed to achieving a net zero carbon footprint by 2040.
Launched in 2019 by Amazon and Global Optimism, The Climate Pledge is a corporate pledge to achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2040, a decade ahead of the 2050 goal set by the Paris Agreement.
As a signatory, Contentsquare agrees to:
- regularly measure and report greenhouse gas emissions,
- implement Paris Agreement-compliant decarbonization strategies based on real business change and innovation, including efficiency improvements, renewables, material reductions, and other phase-out strategies carbon emissions
- neutralize all remaining emissions through additional, quantifiable, real, permanent and socially beneficial offsets to achieve annual net zero carbon emissions by 2040.
According to the International Energy Agency, digital technologies represent 2.5% of electricity consumption worldwide. Separately, a report by Paris-based think tank The Shift Project estimates that digital technologies are responsible for 3.7% of global greenhouse gas emissions, a rapidly rising figure.
Contentsquare already measures its emissions and has started implementing solutions to reduce its carbon footprint, including:
- optimization of its products to reduce their energy consumption
- progressive increase of renewable energies in the energy supply of its facilities
- extending the life of its IT equipment
- limiting business travel and raising employee awareness of understanding and managing their environmental footprint via an individual carbon budget.
“As a SaaS company for which sustainability is a priority, we are constantly looking for ways to optimize our products,” said Patrick Chatain, CTO of Contentsquare. “By signing the Climate Pledge, we confirm our commitment to contribute to the fight against climate change through innovative solutions.”
“Developing our product and securing our position as market leader is one of our priorities, but it is equally important to assume our responsibilities by reducing our impact on the environment as much as possible. We are committed to promoting a more sustainable web, and The Climate Pledge offers a unique opportunity to fuel collective action in this direction. “, adds Jonathan Cherki, CEO and founder of Contentsquare.
About The Climate Pledge
In 2019, Amazon and Global Optimism co-founded The Climate Pledge, a pledge to achieve the goals of the Paris Agreement 10 years ahead of schedule and net zero carbon emissions by 2040. Over 400 organizations have now signed up The Climate Pledge, which sends a strong signal that demand for products and services that help reduce carbon emissions will grow rapidly.
For more information, visit https://www.theclimatepledge.com/en
Continuer la lecture
2 minutes - Temps de lecture
2 minutes - Temps de lecture