[PRESS] Contentsquare Signs The Climate Pledge and Commits to Reaching Net-Zero Carbon Emissions by 2040 or Sooner
NEW YORK, March 16, 2023, Contentsquare, the global leader in digital experience analytics, today announced it has signed The Climate Pledge, committing to reach net-zero carbon by 2040.
Co-founded in 2019 by Amazon and Global Optimism, The Climate Pledge is a commitment by companies to reach net-zero carbon emissions by 2040 — a decade ahead of the Paris Agreement’s goal of 2050.
By signing The Climate Pledge, Contentsquare agrees to:
- Measure and report greenhouse gas emissions on a regular basis.
- Implement decarbonization strategies in line with the Paris Agreement through real business changes and innovations, including efficiency improvements, renewable energy, materials reductions, and other carbon emission elimination strategies.
- Neutralize any remaining emissions with additional, quantifiable, real, permanent, and socially-beneficial offsets to achieve net-zero annual carbon emissions by 2040.
According to the International Energy Agency, digital technology accounts for 2,5% of electricity consumption worldwide. Moreover, a report published by Paris-based think tank The Shift Project estimates that digital technology is responsible for 3.7% of global greenhouse gas emissions — a figure that is rising rapidly.
Contentsquare has been tracking its emissions and has started to implement solutions to lower its carbon footprint. Some of the initiatives launched in the past year include:
- Optimizing our products to reduce their energy consumption
- Progressively shifting the energy supply of our facilities to renewables
- Extending the life of our IT equipment
- Limiting business travel and empowering our employees to understand and manage their environmental footprint through an individual carbon budget
“As a committed SaaS company, we are constantly looking for ways to optimize our products,” said Patrick Chatain, Contentsquare’s Chief Technology Officer. “Signing The Climate Pledge cements our commitment to helping tackle climate change through solution-based innovation.”
“As we have scaled and developed our product and market leadership, we have also embraced our responsibility to lower our environmental impact as much as possible. We are committed to leveraging our position to promote a more sustainable Web, and The Climate Pledge offers a unique opportunity to fuel collective action,” said Jonathan Cherki, CEO and founder of Contentsquare.
The Climate Pledge: signatories@
Contentsquare: Gaétane Roche, email@example.com