10 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT
CONTENTSQUARE’S DATA PROCESSING
1. WE COLLECT LIMITED PERSONAL DATA AND TECHNICAL DATA. The Contentsquare solution collects from visitors of its customers’ website/apps, only the following:
- Personal Data. IP addresses; Unique Cookie ID; and Behavioral Data (e.g. how visitors interacted with the website or app, mouse or touch movements, scrolls, mouse clicks, screen taps or zoom data, time of engagement, etc.); and
- Technical Data. Which may include pages of a website or app visited, type of computer operation system, type of web browser, JS error, other backend technical data, etc.
2. IP ADDRESS USAGE AND RETENTION. IP address is stored in Contentsquare system for a short period of time (no longer than 3 days). Following such period the IP address is deleted. We use IP address only for:
- GEO location up to the city level by using an external repository matching the IP address and the city ;
- Blacklist any unwanted IP addresses (per request by the customer);
- Log for system troubleshooting purposes.
3. COOKIES. The Contentsquare solution uses only 1st party cookies, with expiration of no more than 13 months. See current list of cookies used by the Contentsquare solution at: https://docs.contentsquare.com/uxa-en/#cookies-list.
4. DATA RETENTION. Personal data is kept for up to 13 months, available for customer’s use in accordance with the applicable data availability term purchased by the customer under the Order Form. Personal data can be deleted at any time per customer request.
5. SUB-PROCESSORS AND DATA TRANSFER. As an essential part of our services we use sub-processors that will have access to the data collected. See current list of sub-processors at: https://contentsquare.com/privacy-center/subprocessors/. Location of data storage may be determined by the customer (US or EU) but data may be transferred via, or access from, locations outside such storage space (by other Contentsquare affiliated companies and sub-processors).
6. PROCESSING. Contentsquare process personal data solely for the purpose of providing services to the customer as agreed under the applicable Master Services Agreement. Customers personal data is not used for any other purpose. Contentsquare do not sell customers personal data. Contentsquare does not track visitors outside of its customers’ website/app.
7. PSEUDO-ANONYMIZATION. As Contentsquare keeps the Cookie ID during the processing activities, the personal data is deemed PSEUDO-ANONYMOUS.
8. DATA SUBJECT REQUESTS. We allow our customers and provide assistance in their efforts to comply and respond to any Data Subject Requests (DSR) relating to the personal data processed by the Contentsquare solution, such as access and deletion of personal data.
9. BLOCKING OF PERSONAL DATA. Other than the personal data listed at #1 above, the Contentsquare solution is not intended to process personal data, such as name, email, address, phone, occupation, medical information, financial information, etc. For such purpose we provide our customers with tools and abilities to identify and block personal data from being transferred to Contentsquare.
10. DATA PURGE. Contentsquare has implemented tools and internal processes, managed and lead 24/7 by Contentsquare’s dedicated and trained support team, for the purpose of handling any privacy related events, and the timely provision of internal and external notifications and the purge of any excess personal data from our system, as needed.
Contentsquare employs, as part of its Privacy and Compliance team, dedicated certified privacy experts monitoring changes in privacy regulations on an on-going basis, assessing Contentsquare’s compliance with such changes and updating any and all that needs to be updated, in order for ContentSquare to maintain its compliance with all applicable laws. For additional information, clarifications and updates please do not hesitate to contact [email protected], or refer to our privacy page and policies at https://contentsquare.com/privacy-center/.
Download as PDF