Team Lead (Data Engineering Team)
Contentsquare is a global digital analytics company empowering the brands you interact with every day to build better online experiences for all. Since our founding in France in 2012, we have grown to be a truly global and distributed team – known as the CSquad – representing more than 70 nationalities across the world.
In 2022, we raised $600M in Series F funding, doubling our valuation to $5.6B and were recognised as a certified Great Place to Work in France, Germany, Israel, US and UK.
What will you be doing?
- As a Tech/Team Lead, you will be part of the Data team who is in charge of collecting several billion events per day, and querying hundreds of terabytes in real-time;
- Leading and inspiring transversal engineering projects, you will be responsible for seeking creative solutions, and motivating your team and peers to achieve operational excellence;
- Act as a tech expert to support innovation while solving various complex challenges of scale, performance, and advance product business logic;
- Collaborate with product managers, stakeholders, and data engineers to deliver complex products and systems.
- To identify the right people and collaborate with them to surface and elimination of blockers & inefficiencies quickly;
- Managing and mentoring a growing team of data engineers, supporting their never-ending learning by providing training. Share constant feedback and counsel to lead them in their professional growth.
- Driving best practices and quality for your team and the broader engineering organization.
- Recruiting, hiring, developing, and retaining top talent for your team.
What is needed to be successful?
- Experience in managing a software development team as part of a large project, or managing a small project in R&D. You have the knowledge, skills, and confidence to lead a project from initial conception and requirements phases all the way to production.
- Ability to create and allocate well-defined tasks to the team while maintaining high work quality standards and meeting schedules.
- Experienced with software engineering best practices like having high standards of clean code, functional and system testing, managing code reviews to identify bad practices, etc.
- Be a people person! For anyone who is working in a leading and fast-growing global company with multiple branches all over the world, good communication skill is not a luxury, it's a must!
- Hands-on experience in building and maintaining, high-scale backend development in either Go, Java, or Scala. Development and Production environments.
What will give an advantage?
- A passion to create high-end products with teams of engineers equipped with various skillsets, techniques, and methodologies.
- To be more than just a team leader. To be ambitious and set high goals and achieve them!
- Building scalable high throughput data collection pipelines using streaming frameworks like Flink, Spark, and/or Akka Streams, combining different techniques and applying various performance advantages
- Experience with Analytics Databases like ClickHouse, various open sources, and productivity-boosting tooling and frameworks.
- Extensive experience in Cloud Native based designs and ecosystems (AWS/Azure/GCP)Experience with DevOps/Platform Related technologies like TerraForm, Docker, K8s.