Back to Job Board
Staff Software Engineer
Contentsquare is a global digital analytics company empowering the brands you interact with every day to build better online experiences for all. Since our founding in France in 2012, we have grown to be a truly global and distributed team – known as the CSquad – representing more than 70 nationalities across the world.
In 2022, we raised $600M in Series F funding and were recognised as a certified Great Place to Work in France, Germany, Israel, US and UK.
Are you excited to develop software that revolutionizes the digital experience?
Do you want to work with large volumes of data using cutting-edge technologies such asNodej.js, Kafka, Angular andVue.js?
If so, we are looking for a Staff Software Engineer!
In the Application department, our mission is to deliver a seamless application that enables our customers to visualize the experience analytics of their website and mobile applications and integrate in their ecosystem.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Staff engineer, follower of good practices with at least 10 years’ experience of back and front end development (ideally where NodeJS and Angular/Vue.js were familiar to you). We’ve been using both micro-frontends and microservices technologies for a while and we’re always looking at new technologies, and investing in them if we see that they’ll enhance our offering. We highly value user experience, the quality of the interfaces we deploy, and the quality of the code written. You’d be joining a team of 100+ full-stack engineers where the average experience is 6 years in the industry, with many close to 10 years.
We run regular internal sessions to share knowledge and we form tech guilds on complex subjects to figure out challenges and solutions to them. We work with some of the biggest websites and apps across the world and we’re always pushing the boundaries of what’s possible at this scale. With pushes to production at least once a day you’ll be motivated by seeing your work go live quickly and add value to our clients.
- Design and deliver technologies that power the next generation of Contentsquare’s products
- Lead the architecture, the development and the optimization of high-performance web application’s modules
- Work closely with product design and product management stakeholders to develop a shared vision and deliver on it
- Work with other Application teams of to take cross-team decisions that have an impact on the web application engineering of Contentsquare
- Ensure the reliability, scalability and efficiency of the SaaS application.
- Be involved in key technical decisions and spread the global technical vision at company level
- Be a role model and a mentor for your team and other engineers, inspiring excellence and ensuring best practices are followed and high-quality code is produced
Stack / Tools: Stack :Angular, VueJS, Svelte, Nest, NodeJS, PostGreSQL, Kafka, Mongo DevOps - Kubernetes, Kibana, Grafana, Terraform, Datadog . Cloud - AWS, Azure
Why join ContentSquare’s Application team?
- You’ll get to work on a variety of cool projects, such as working on applications with intensive data visualizations.
- You’ll work in an environment where you’ll have the opportunity to work with a group of talented, ambitious people.
- You’ll be exposed to the complexities of working with some of the biggest sites, apps, and brands in the world.
- You’ll be joining a company that’s seen incredible growth and market traction.
- You’ll be joining a company that truly cares about its employees and works hard to make sure your efforts are rewarded.
- You’ll be building a product that our clients truly love and they tell us this regularly (NPS 44.1 )
You’ll also have: flexible working hours, remote ; yoga, and many other activities; after work beers provided every Friday, monthly parties…and a very friendly team! Join our adventure where together we go beyond ourselves and conquer the next big challenge!
Why you should join our R&D department? Here is our R&D Manifesto
We write our own story.
We think for ourselves, keeping an open mind and engaging in constructive criticism. We are transparent in what we do and why we do it. We build and leverage tech expertise to answer business challenges. Learning from all experiences, we deliver continuous improvements in production. We empower all team members to have an end-to-end impact, take initiative, and bring new ideas to life. We stand together and thrive together; team spirit and solidarity matter even more than strong expertise.
We live a human adventure.
Why you should join Contentsquare:
▪️ We’re humans first. We hire dedicated people and provide them with the trust, resources and flexibility to get the job done.
▪️ We invest in our people through career development, mentorship, social events, philanthropic activities, and competitive benefits.
▪️ We are a fast growing company with a track record of success over the past 10 years, yet we operate with the agility of a startup. That means a huge chance to create an immediate and lasting impact.
▪️ Our clients, partners and investors love our industry-leading product.
To keep our employees happy and engaged, we are always assessing the benefits/perks we offer to ensure we are competitive. Here are a few we want to highlight:
▪️ Virtual onboarding, Hackathon, and various opportunities to interact with your team and global colleagues both on and offsite each year.
▪️ Work flexibility: hybrid and remote work policies.
▪️ Generous paid time-off policy (every location is different).
▪️ Immediate eligibility for birthing and non-birthing parental leave.
▪️ Wellbeing allowance.
▪️ Home Office Allowance.
▪️ A Culture Crew in every country to coordinate regular outings such as game nights, movie nights, and happy hours.
▪️ Every full-time employee receives stock options, allowing them to share in the company’s success.
▪️ We offer many benefits in various countries -- ask your recruiter for more information.
Uniqueness is embedded in our DNA as one of our core values. Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements above, we encourage you to apply.
Contentsquare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your personal data is used by Contentsquare for recruitment purposes only. Read our Job Candidate Privacy Notice to find out more about data protection at Contentsquare and your rights.