Contentsquare is a global digital analytics company empowering the brands you interact with every day to build better online experiences for all. Since our founding in France in 2012, we have grown to be a truly global and distributed team – known as the CSquad – representing more than 70 nationalities across the world.
In 2022, we raised $600M in Series F funding, doubling our valuation to $5.6B and were recognised as a certified Great Place to Work in France, Germany, Israel, US and UK.
ContentSquare's Data Collection team is looking for a talented Software Engineer! The main role of the Data Collection team is the collection of raw data application and web in an innovative way without impacting the performance of our customers (the largest digital companies in France, US, and UK). For this, we develop a universal web and application tag and we are willing to integrate the most modern frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue.js, Polymer, etc. This team faces the permanent technical challenge of constantly improving our technology to make it more innovative and more efficient.
Our web collector is executed over 100 million times daily on a large number of browsers and devices, so compatibility and stability are mission-critical for the team. Technology-wise, our web collector is developed in TypeScript with as few dependencies as possible. Our unit tests are launched on every browser we support and our codebase has 60+% test coverage at all times. We pride ourselves on the automation of building, shipping, testing, validation, and automating basically anything we can get our hands-on.
With our focus on automating the mundane, engineers have only to focus on the task at hand. Our codebase and processes baked in our CI can guarantee that when Jenkins shows green it really is green. This all means our product owners can ship by themselves on a Friday afternoon and can have the confidence to do so. We are building our own progressive rollout flow so that we can do progressively and safely roll out our code to clients. If all of the above sounds like something you believe in and would like to be a part of, please see if you also like the following requirements.
What you will do
- Participate in all phases of the development lifecycle, from inception to deployment monitoring
- Diagnose intricately complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best resolution
- Write regression free code, with unit tests and documentation
- Implement code design, execute project deliverables, and estimate the scope of work
- Work in an Agile SCRUM environment and have a TDD mindset
What you will need
- Enthusiastic follower of good practices of development
- Fluent in English
Why joining our Data Collection team
- You are interested in contributing to open source projects as well as investing yourself on the tech scene by participating in meetups and presenting topics in conferences
- You are looking for an environment where you'll have the possibility to have responsibilities and learn from more experienced developers
- You share our "quality focused" vision: code reviews, coverage of unit and functional tests, ...