Senior Software Engineer
Contentsquare is a global digital analytics company empowering the brands you interact with every day to build better online experiences for all. Since our founding in France in 2012, we have grown to be a truly global and distributed team – known as the CSquad – representing more than 70 nationalities across the world.
In 2022, we raised $600M in Series F funding, doubling our valuation to $5.6B and were recognised as a certified Great Place to Work in France, Germany, Israel, US and UK.
This position is open to several locations: Paris, Rennes, Lyon and full remote within France
We collect several billions events per day, and query hundreds of terabytes in real time. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will join a team of passionate and talented developers to design and develop a data architecture for the future.
Your daily work will consist of
•Designing efficient services to collect, process and store petabytes of data
• Leading large scale projects that involves complex systems with leading edge technologies
• Thinking of smart data formats and ways of exchanging it to serve the functionalities of the product, while minimizing the cost and increasing performance
• Developing tools and systems to help data-scientists industrialize their projects
• Increase the team's expertise by bringing in new ideas and mentoring other developers by using (but not limited to) some open source technologies such as Scala, Go, Kafka, Akka, and ClickHouse.
With a minimum 4-5 years of experience, you have a good grasp of the fundamentals of computer science. You have worked with dynamic complex systems in a rich ecosystem with lots of integrations. You are proficient in either Scala, Java or Go, and ideally other backend languages. You have good communication skills and you are comfortable in a flat team structure where you work together with your peers to solve technical challenges.
Why join ContentSquare's Data Engineering team?
• You are looking for a variety of cool projects, which will revolutionize analytics and UX with big data
• You would like to challenge yourself developing distributed infrastructure with a real time and data-intensive environment.
• You are interested in contributing to open source projects as well as investing in the tech scene by organizing meetups and presenting at conferences
• You are looking for an environment where you'll have the occasion to be a technical reference on your areas of expertise, all while taking responsibilities on strategical corporate axes and collaborating with your peers.