Senior Software Engineer
Contentsquare is a global digital analytics company empowering the brands you interact with every day to build better online experiences for all. Since our founding in France in 2012, we have grown to be a truly global and distributed team – known as the CSquad – representing more than 70 nationalities across the world.
In 2022, we raised $600M in Series F funding, doubling our valuation to $5.6B and were recognised as a certified Great Place to Work in France, Germany, Israel, US and UK.
ContentSquare's Data Collection group is looking for a talented Software Engineer! The core responsibility of our Web Collection team is to gather all the relevant browser data of a user journey on a website in real time, and to provide analytical metrics based on that data. This critical data is the foundation of our innovative technology.
As a third party application residing in a complex and dynamic environment of our customers (the largest digital companies in France, US and UK) we must maintain the minimum footprint possible and are constantly looking for ways to improve performance, security and efficiency.
Our web collector is executed over 100 million times daily on a large number of browsers and devices, so compatibility and stability is mission critical for us.
Technology wise, our web collector is developed in TypeScript with as few dependencies as possible. Our unit tests are launched on every browser we support and our codebase has 90+% test coverage at all times.
We are building our own progressive rollout flow, so that we can progressively and safely rollout our code to clients.
We pride ourselves with automation. Whether it's building, shipping, testing or validating we automate basically anything we can get our hands on.
Our codebase and processes baked in our CI can guarantee that when Jenkins shows green it really is green.
This means that our product owners can ship by themselves on a Thursday afternoon and can have the confidence to do so. If all of the above sounds like something you believe in and would like to be part of, if you are an enthusiastic developer excited by writing clean code and is also a great team player, we want you!
What you will do
- Participate in all phases of development lifecycle, from inception to deployment and monitoring.
- Diagnose intricately complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best resolution.
- Write regression free code, with unit tests and documentation.
- Implement code design, execute project requirements and estimate the scope of work.
- Work in an Agile SCRUM environment and have a TDD mindset.
What you must have
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in web development.
- Fluent in English.
Skills and experience we prefer
- Significant development experience in Typescript.
- Significant experience in server side languages (NodeJS, Java, Scala, .NET, Python, Ruby).
- Knowledge in software engineering best practices and writing disciplined code (automated testing, code reviews, writing maintainable code, etc...).
- Strong knowledge of web standards and protocols.
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Delivery.
- Ability to prototype quickly and implement ideas from conception to production-grade code.