Back to Job Board
Contentsquare is a global digital analytics company empowering the brands you interact with every day to build better online experiences for all. Since our founding in France in 2012, we have grown to be a truly global and distributed team – known as the CSquad – representing more than 70 nationalities across the world.
In 2022, we raised $600M in Series F funding, doubling our valuation to $5.6B and were recognised as a certified Great Place to Work in France, Germany, Israel, US and UK.
The Contentsquare security team is looking for a focused security engineer who can take on a leadership role in responding to security issues. As such, you’ll need to have practical security experience and knowledge of the state of the art for detecting and responding to attacks. The ideal candidate will thrive in high-pressure situations and drive relevant teams to take the right decisions to mitigate the security risks in a timely manner.
As part of the Security Team, you will be reporting directly to the Manager, Cyber Security. You will be working closely with our R&D team. Your main task will be to ensure the integrity of Contentsquare’s products and for keeping Contentsquare’s users and customers safe. You will work out of our Paris (Headquarters) or Tel-Aviv office or Remotely.
- Confidently and intelligently respond to security incidents, and proactively consider how to prevent the same type of incidents from occurring in the future
- Design and coordinate cohesive responses to security events that involve multiple teams across the organisation
- Design and maintain a portfolio of security alerts, automated actions and escalation workflows in support of a high-performing 24/7 incident response capability
- Build security utilities and tools for internal use that enable you and your fellow Security Engineers to operate at high speed and wide scale
- Improve the ability to respond to threats by leading new technology selection, configuration, internal product development, obtaining-buy-in, and implementations with a heavy emphasis on automation
- Evaluate the impact to the organisation of current security trends, advisories and public exploits. Coordinate responses as necessary across affected teams to do the right thing for our customers and our organisation
- Manage and extend our security detection capabilities (SIEM, WAF, honeypot, open source tools)
- Constantly audit our technical platform and application to ensure the follow-up of security best-practices and identify security misconfigurations
- Recognize, adopt and share the best practices on security engineering fields throughout the organisation: development, network security, application security, cryptography, security operations, incident responses
- Communicate efficiently (in English) at multiple levels of sensitivity and multiple audiences
- Fulfil regular on-call responsibilities
- Establish metrics that demonstrate continuous improvements of the Security Incident Response Engineering capabilities and execute on your proposed strategy for improvements
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2-3 years of previous experience on Security Operations, especially experience coordinating responses to security incidents
- Experience in building effective partnerships with internal customers
- Experience building out detection and response programs for a SaaS or cloud-native company
- Extensive knowledge of web protocols, security issues, common attacks, Linux/Unix tools, cloud architectures and threat landscape
- Expertise with Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), such as: Wazuh / OSSEC and ELK
- Familiarity with incident platforms, e.g. PagerDuty, TheHive
- Deep knowledge of our technical stack and how to secure it :
AWS and Azure
Kubernetes / Docker
Datadog Appsec as WAF
Nestjs, Vuejs, Angular
- Strong understanding of security concepts, standard methodologies and how to apply them, such as SSH, public key encryption, access credentials, certificates, TLS, data encryption, OWASP top 10
- Analytical skills, Autonomy and Accountability
- Fluent in english (French is a plus)
- Solid understanding of MITRE ATTACK, NIST or similar threat frameworks is strongly preferred
Why you should join Contentsquare:
▪️ We’re humans first. We hire dedicated people and provide them with the trust, resources and flexibility to get the job done.
▪️ We invest in our people through career development, mentorship, social events, philanthropic activities, and competitive benefits.
▪️ We are a fast growing company with a track record of success over the past 10 years, yet we operate with the agility of a startup. That means a huge chance to create an immediate and lasting impact.
▪️ Our clients, partners and investors love our industry-leading product.
To keep our employees happy and engaged, we are always assessing the benefits/perks we offer to ensure we are competitive. Here are a few we want to highlight:
▪️ Virtual onboarding, Hackathon, and various opportunities to interact with your team and global colleagues both on and offsite each year.
▪️ Work flexibility: hybrid and remote work policies.
▪️ Generous paid time-off policy (every location is different).
▪️ Immediate eligibility for birthing and non-birthing parental leave.
▪️ Wellbeing allowance.
▪️ Home Office Allowance.
▪️ A Culture Crew in every country to coordinate regular outings such as game nights, movie nights, and happy hours.
▪️ Every full-time employee receives stock options, allowing them to share in the company’s success.
▪️ We offer many benefits in various countries -- ask your recruiter for more information.
Uniqueness is embedded in our DNA as one of our core values. Even if you don’t meet all of the requirements above, we encourage you to apply.
Contentsquare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your personal data is used by Contentsquare for recruitment purposes only. Read our Job Candidate Privacy Notice to find out more about data protection at Contentsquare and your rights.