Head of Data Engineering, Core teams
Contentsquare is a digital experience analytics company dedicated to making the digital world more human through online experiences built on trust, privacy, and accessibility. Since our founding in France in 2012, we have grown to be a truly global team, representing more than 70 nationalities in offices across the world, including New York, London, Paris, Munich, San Francisco, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Singapore, and more.
We’ve been recognized by Frost & Sullivan as a Global Company of the Year, and by Wired Magazine as one of Europe’s hottest startups. In July of 2022, we raised $600M in Series F funding, doubling our valuation to $5.6B. But we’re not stopping there.
To reach our ambitious goals for the future, we will be nearly doubling the size of our global workforce in the next 2 years. Want to learn, innovate and contribute your unique perspective to an industry leader? Join the team dedicated to bringing more human analytics to the world!
Data Engineers at Contentsquare either work within Product units, or in Data Core teams.
While Product units focus on building a specific module or part of the Product together with their R&D peers and the Product Manager, Data Core teams are responsible for the scalability, the reliability and the performance of the shared components of the data stack. They build a long-term technical vision and get prepared for the next features and challenges to come. They also provide guidelines, support and tooling to the Product units which need to work on those components.
There are three Data Core teams today, each of which focuses on a specific part of our stack Data Processing (ingestion pipelines & data lifecycle management) Data Storage (mainly around Clickhouse, our Analytics Database) Data Segmentation (data APIs and query engine).
As the Head of Data Engineering, Core Teams, you will be responsible for managing and growing those teams, and for driving their vision and roadmaps. You will directly report to the VP, Head of Data.
- Management & Organization
• Anticipate future needs and challenges. Keep growing and structuring the team accordingly.
• Enhance the organization and address organizational gaps. Review and optimize team processes.
- Technical Vision & Tech Watch
• Define long term knowledge, development & partnership plans to become even stronger on our key technologies (e.g. Clickhouse, Flink, Kafka, Aerospike…)
• Build and keep up to date a strong technical vision for the future evolutions of the whole Data Engineering Stack
• Spread this vision across Product and R&D, and align all stakeholders around it.
• Support, enable tech watch and new technologies explorations. Question status-quo, be the first sponsor for team initiatives, promote them.
- Projects Roadmap Management
• Support your team’s managers to build, prioritize and deliver the Core projects roadmaps. Ensure a right balance between short-term improvements and long term plans, and an accurate prioritization across teams.
• Align resources needs and staffing plan across and outside your organization
• Understand and challenge critical technical choices and orientations (in terms of scalability, cost, evolutivity…)
• Communicate regularly with the top management about your goals, the team achievements and roadmap updates.
• Create strong relationships within the whole organization
• Communicate inside and outside Contentsquare around our main technical challenges and successes.
• 10 years+ managing software & data engineering teams
• Experience in managing 30+ people teams, inc. middle-management.
• Track record of successfully leading large, complex and impactful projects (such as: systems migrations, back-end architecture revamp,...)
• Experience in Data architectures (distributed computing, large DBMS…) and high paced environments preferred
• Strong program management skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, inc. with C-levels.
• Broad technical culture, passion for tech and cutting edge technologies.