Engineering Manager - TAG Team
Contentsquare is a digital experience analytics company dedicated to making the digital world more human through online experiences built on trust, privacy, and accessibility. Since our founding in France in 2012, we have grown to be a truly global team, representing more than 70 nationalities in offices across the world, including New York, London, Paris, Munich, San Francisco, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Tel Aviv, Tokyo, Singapore, and more.
We’ve been recognized by Frost & Sullivan as a Global Company of the Year, and by Wired Magazine as one of Europe’s hottest startups. In July of 2022, we raised $600M in Series F funding, doubling our valuation to $5.6B. But we’re not stopping there.
To reach our ambitious goals for the future, we will be nearly doubling the size of our global workforce in the next 2 years. Want to learn, innovate and contribute your unique perspective to an industry leader? Join the team dedicated to bringing more human analytics to the world!
This position is open to several locations: Paris, Lyon, Rennes, Barcelona
ContentSquare's Data Collection team is looking for a talented Engineering Manager.
The core responsibility of our Web Collection team is to gather all the relevant browser data of a user journey on a website in real-time and to provide analytical metrics based on that data. This critical data is the foundation of our innovative technology. As a third-party application residing in a complex and dynamic environment of our customers (the largest digital companies in France, US and UK) we must maintain the minimum footprint possible and are constantly looking for ways to improve performance, security, and efficiency. Our web collector is executed over 100 million times daily on a large number of browsers and devices, so compatibility and stability are mission-critical for us.
Technology-wise, our web collector is developed in TypeScript with as few dependencies as possible. Our unit tests are launched on every browser we support and our codebase has 90+% test coverage at all times.
We are building our own progressive rollout flow so that we can progressively and safely roll out our code to clients. We pride ourselves on automation. Whether it's building, shipping, testing, or validating we automate basically anything we can get our hands-on.
Our codebase and processes baked in our CI can guarantee that when Jenkins shows green it really is green.
This means that our product owners can ship by themselves on a Thursday afternoon and can have the confidence to do so. If all of the above sounds like something you believe in and would like to be part of, if you are an enthusiastic developer excited by writing clean code and are also a great team player, we want you!
What You’ll Do
- Participate in all phases of the development lifecycle, from inception to deployment and monitoring.
- Diagnose intricately complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best resolution.
- Write regression-free code, with unit tests and documentation.
- Implement code design, execute project requirements and estimate the scope of work.
- Work in an Agile SCRUM environment and have a TDD mindset.
- Be a technical leader in your team - accountable for the overall technical quality (devs, designs, …)
- Collaborate with Product and other Team Leads / Tech Leads to build the best features
- Pushes for healthy work in the team across locations, and with other teams
- Identify adjustments needed for the team. Takes it with management to fine-tune processes and share feedback and ideas
- Staffing and organization accuracy of the team (identifies needs and hire new team members)
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- You've successfully managed a team of developers and demonstrated your ability to help people grow.
- At least 7 years of professional experience in web development
- Significant development experience in Typescript.
- Significant experience in server-side languages (NodeJS, Java, Scala, .NET, Python, Ruby).
- Knowledge in software engineering best practices and writing disciplined code (automated testing, code reviews, writing maintainable code, etc...).
- Strong knowledge of web standards and protocols.
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Delivery.
- Ability to prototype quickly and implement ideas from conception to production-grade code.
- Fluent in English