DevOps Team Leader
Contentsquare is a global digital analytics company empowering the brands you interact with every day to build better online experiences for all. Since our founding in France in 2012, we have grown to be a truly global and distributed team – known as the CSquad – representing more than 70 nationalities across the world.
In 2022, we raised $600M in Series F funding, doubling our valuation to $5.6B and were recognised as a certified Great Place to Work in France, Germany, Israel, US and UK.
ContentSquare is aiming for one simple goal: being a global leader, worldwide. To reach this, we need to stay ahead of our competitors and clients, always creating, challenging and going beyond ourselves. This is the spirit we are looking for.
As a leader in R&D you will have a significant impact on our SaaS product. You will take part as a leader in the Platform team with specific focus on our observability effort, and have a significant contribution to providing the ability to the whole company, and especially R&D, to be able to see everything that each application/component/service is doing, and take action on it. You'll succeed and enjoy this role if you are passionate about Infra as code, coding, research and implementation of new technologies and on top of all, working closely with R&D teams on our observability platform.
What you’ll do
• You will manage a team and continue to grow it, train and mentor
• You will take part in designing and implementing a full, 360 degrees effort to provide all pillars of observability to the R&D teams
• You will collaborate with many dev teams on architecture, design and planning with a view to include and plan for observability early in their design process
• You will manage big and important projects on multi cloud environments
• Work with all major technologies relevant to manage the observability of high scale SaaS and big data environments on public clouds (AWS & Azure)
• You will provide support, guidance and knowledge to dev team on using observability pillars for their components
• You will have your chance for hands-on on our tech stack
Do not hesitate to check on our YouTube video to see what it's like to work at ContentSquare!
What would make you a good fit
• You have experience working for a SaaS company
• 3+ years DevOps experience, preferably in a global company
• 1+ years of experience as a manager
• 2+ years active experience with a monitoring and alerting stack (Prometheus/alertmanager or an equivalent stack)
• 2+ years active experience with efficient incident management mechanisms (e.g. paging tooling, incident management protocols, post-mortem culture)
• 2+ years active experience with a logging stack (ELK or equivalent)
• Bonus: You have active experience in higher retention frameworks for monitoring and/or logging (e.g. Thanos, Cortex, Mimir, Loki)
• You are very curious, technical and like to explore new tools, methods and technologies
• You can take on yourself to lead cross functional technical projects
• You adapt quickly in a changing environment, and you always reconsider your methods
• You are data driven and you love numbers. Working closely with dev teams to provide benches and calculations of scale and needs as they pertain to observability
• You care about developer’s experience and you think about ways to continuously improve their efficiency and joy working with Platform tools
• You have a strong will to go beyond yourself
• You are a great team player
• You want to be part of an amazing fast-growing & international company
• You're fluent in English (spoken, written)