Contentsquare Ends Year of Exceptional Growth With Record-Breaking Quarter
NEW YORK, NY — 11 February 2021 – Contentsquare, the leading experience analytics company, today announced record growth in 2020, crowned by a historic Q4.
Amid a turbulent year for business, the company also added around 200 new logos to its global customer base, closed a $190M Series D funding round, made two innovation-driven acquisitions, and accelerated its geographic expansion — with a fast-growing footprint in the US. This remarkable momentum speaks to the tremendous opportunity of a market predicted to be worth $21.5B by 2025, according to a 2020 MarketsandMarkets report.
With the Covid-19 crisis forcing most brands to switch to a purely digital approach, the stakes for Customer Experience (CX) have never been higher — neither has the value of customer insight. In a year that crystallized the need for trusted analytics partners, Contentsquare grew its NPS score from 30 to 45 (Retently’s 2020 NPS benchmarks puts the average Saas score at 30), and secured several new multi-million dollar deals with market-leading brands.
The pace of digital transformation has touched every industry, and today, having a standout CX is also a key strategic priority for all brands, not just retail. From leaders in the biotech space to multinational automakers, via news media, this past year has seen brands from all fields choose Contentsquare to maximize the digital opportunity in 2021.
Many global brands joined the company’s client roster in 2020, including BMW, fashion heavyweights Diesel and Giorgio Armani, SVP Worldwide, and manufacturing giant American Woodmark. Frontier Airlines and hotel group Accor have also adopted Contentsquare to increase their ROI on the heels of a year that has been particularly tough on the travel sector.
“Our record-breaking growth is the direct result of our customer-obsession and aggressive focus on innovation. We work hand in hand with our clients to accurately understand their needs and business priorities, and we feed this understanding directly into our product roadmap,” said Jonathan Cherki, CEO and Founder of Contentsquare. “The events of the last year have not slowed us down — in fact, they have crystallized the value of analytics and made it more important than ever for teams to understand their customers and make the most of the digital opportunity.”
Other 2020 Contentsquare highlights include:
- The company grew its team from 580 to 740 in 2020, with 200+ people in R&D alone, continuing to add leaders to the executive bench with the hire of CMO Niki Hall and Global VP of Corporate Development Travis Burke
- It expanded its operations within the APAC region, with the opening of offices in Singapore, Tokyo, Melbourne, and Sydney
- It launched Atomic Labs Incubator + Accelerator program, to support the most innovative companies accelerate their growth utilising Contentsquare’s network, technology and people
- It launched its Experience Partner Ecosystem and completed +75 new technology integrations, including Microsoft, Medallia, Qualtrics, Optimizely, Kibo (Monetate & Certona), Tealium, New Relic and Datadog
- It launched 3 new products, Merchandising, CS Insights and Find & Fix, as part of a multi-product strategy, while enhancing its solution for Apps
- To date, the company holds 11 issued patents and has another 26 pending applications, globally
- It collected 200 Billion pageviews and 10,000 Billion interactions in 2020, across sites that processed $1.5Billion in transactions daily, in a year that saw the volume of digital traffic explode
- It announced the creation of the Contentsquare Foundation, with a mission to expand the availability of accessibility technology to universities, schools and healthcare organizations
- It partnered with the French Government Information Service (SIG) to help government teams optimize France’s official Covid-19 info site
- It was honored in Built In’s 100 Best Places to Work NYC list, rewarding the company’s investment in employee happiness and commitment to building a strong corporate culture.